When every moment becomes more precious, Gilchrist Hospice Care helps people with life-limiting illnesses make the most of each day, on their own terms, in familiar surroundings.
Gilchrist Hospice Care provides:
- Specialized physical, emotional and spiritual end-of-life care with an emphasis on comfort and pain/symptom management.
- An interdisciplinary team of specially trained professionals and volunteers to help care for the patient.
- Medications for pain and symptom control, medical equipment (including hospital beds and commodes), and other medical supplies.
- Instruction for family members and caregivers to help them care for the patient.
- Grief support for surviving loved ones, family members and caregivers for 13 months following the death of an adult and 2 years following the death of a child.
- And Is accessible any time – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Read the other entries in our 5-part informative series:
Part 1: What is hospice care?
Part 2: When is hospice care appropriate?
Part 3: Where is hospice care provided?
Part 4: Who provides hospice care?
If you or a loved one lives in Central Maryland and is in need of hospice care then call our toll-free referral hotline at 1.800.HOSPICE. If you are looking for more information about Gilchrist Hospice Care, visit our website: gilchristhospice.org.